Emirex listed Bitcoin SV (BSV) for trading on our exchange. That's why we thought that it would be helpful for users to receive some detailed information about this project to have a clear understanding of its whole potential.
Here are the currently available trading pairs on the Emirex exchange: BSV/USDT and BSV/EUR.
Bitcoin SV stands for Bitcoin Satoshi Vision and, according to its community, is the only Bitcoin protocol that follows the vision set out by Satoshi Nakamoto’s white paper in 2008 - Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. The Bitcoin developer community has disagreed for many years over whether Bitcoin should scale with bigger blocks or remain with small blocks. On August 1st, 2017 the BTC group forked off of the original Bitcoin Protocol by introducing a controversial code change called “Segregated Witness” or SeWit.
A new ticker symbol BCH, emerged at that time, to support a version of Bitcoin that sought to follow the original Bitcoin blockchain. Even after BCH emerged, its community ultimately became divided into two more factions. One group (led by the Bitcoin ABC implementation) did not want to scale as quickly and kept its block size at 32MB; it also wanted to introduce technical changes which deviated from the Bitcoin Protocol in order to seek a more anonymous system that cannot be traced by the government. The other group wanted to build exactly what was described in the Bitcoin White Paper and follow Satoshi’s original vision to massively scale the Bitcoin Blockchain.
This led to the second major fork on November 15th, 2018 when BSV became the new ticker symbol for the original Bitcoin Protocol. Bitcoin SV is intended to provide a clear choice for miners and allow enterprises and startups to build businesses and applications on a stable, scalable, secure blockchain.
Baseline profile of the cryptocurrency
Bitcoin SV is a Bitcoin Cash hard fork that emerged on November 15, 2018, following a split in the BCH community. In the same month, Bitcoin SV entered the Top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization (Coinmarketcap data).
The first Bitcoin SV halving occurred on April 10, 2020, when the block rewards per block mined were reduced from 12.5 to 6.25 Bitcoin SV.
Bitcoin SV, Bitcoin Cash, and Bitcoin all have the same 21 million hard cap put forward by Satoshi Nakamoto in his white paper.
- Currency Name: Bitcoin SV
- Symbol: BSV
- Bitcoin SV Price: $210,81 USD
- Bitcoin SV ROI: 138,74%
- Market Cap: $3 898 370 784 USD
- 24 Hour Volume: $998 319 318 USD
- Circulating Supply: 8 492 590 BSV
- Total Supply: 18 492 590 BSV
- Max Supply: 21 000 000 BSV
- All Time High: $441,20 USD (Jan 14, 2020)
- All Time Low: $36,87 USD (Nov 23, 2018)
The Bitcoin SV ecosystem has rapidly grown to over 400 known Bitcoin SV projects and ventures around the world, with new additions every month. The sample list of projects and service providers built on Bitcoin SV:
- Twetch: onchain social media platform where users own their data and make money from their content
- PowPing: social Bitcoin Network that allow micro tipping
- TonicPow: peer-to-peer online advertising that allows people to promote and earn
- Streamanity: video streaming platform built to help creators monetize their content directly from viewers
- WeatherSV: stores, indexes and displays climate data on the Bitcoin SV blockchain
- Tocial: a decentralized “Tumblr + TInder”
- Peergame: BSV-based games with no registration, instant payouts and fairness
- Bitping: decentralized uptime monitoring service
- Codugh: decentralized API marketplace
- Dimely: earn Bitcoin for your time
- Unisot: supply chain management solution for enterprises
- BitBoss: technology service provider for gaming industry
More complete information can be found on: https://www.bsvdevs.com/
Buy & Store
The available list of wallets and exchanges that have added support for Bitcoin SV:
- Money Button
- Pixel Wallet
- Simply Cash
- Atomic wallet
- BC Bitcoin
- Hodler Tech
- Huobi Global
The history of Bitcoin SV is a bit controversial from the very beginning, but despite this, its popularity cannot be underestimated. There are many supporters of their original idea among the entire crypto community around the world.
Currently, the Bitcoin SV project is developing and focused on building a community and a market to facilitate micropayment transactions and onchain data capacity. Since Bitcoin SV continues to be active in the market and demonstrates decent results, we can confidently say that the project’s goal of opening up new regions will have progress.
Twitter — https://twitter.com/BitcoinAssn
Telegram — https://t.me/BSVchat
Website — https://bitcoinsv.com/