THETA Network (THETA) is a blockchain-powered network built for video streaming. On 6th of October, THETA Network (THETA) was listed for trading on the Emirex exchange.
- Theta Network is the leading video delivery network powered by blockchain technology that allows users to simultaneously watch video content and earn token rewards.
- The chain uses its variant of the proof-of-stake mechanism, combined with three main technological innovations which are:
- Multi-Level Byzantine Fault Tolerance (BFT);
- Aggregated Signature Gossip Scheme;
- Resource-Oriented Micropayment Pool.
- The ecosystem is centered around a two-token model with THETA and TFUEL.
- THETA tokens are security, governance, and staking providers on the platform.
- Token Standard - Initially launched as ERC-20
- THETA Price - $0,694847 USD
- THETA ROI - 351,24%
- Market Rank - #31
- Market Cap - $694 847 299 USD
- 24 Hour Volume - $26 239 227 USD
- Circulating Supply - 1 000 000 000 THETA
- Total Supply - 1 000 000 000 THETA
- All Time High - $0,800326 USD (Sep 30, 2020)
- All Time Low - $0,039771 USD (Mar 13, 2020)
Theta is a purpose-built blockchain designed from the ground up for video and data relaying. The platform is created as a decentralized peer-to-peer system that allows interaction between the authors of video content and its recipients on an equal footing, for which the decentralized blockchain is responsible. This happens due to the introduction of a reputation system of nodes and free computing power used by computers. The peculiarity of the system is that it allows each participant to choose a partner for interaction, without diminishing the importance and trust of other nodes.
For video platforms, integrating Theta into their video delivery stack enables them to reduce their video delivery cost, deepen viewer engagement, and drive incremental revenues. By spending less on video delivery infrastructure, and more on rewarding their users, Theta-enabled video platforms can grow their userbase and gain market share.
Theta’s key features:
- A peer-to-peer video delivery system
- Bandwidth sharing mechanism with token rewards
- High-quality and smooth video streaming
- Reduced cost of streaming delivery
- A high-speed infrastructure
THETA is the staking and governance token of the Theta protocol. It is used to stake as a Validator or Guardian node, contributing to block production and the protocol governance of the Theta Network. By staking and running a node, users will earn a proportional amount of the new TFUEL generated. The supply of THETA is fixed at 1 billion and will never increase.
- Caching nodes can earn tokens for relaying and caching video streams.
- Viewers can earn tokens from advertisers as rewards for their engagement.
- The tokens are used to reward content creators.
- Advertisers are able to fund advertising campaigns with the tokens.
- Premium content, goods, and services can be purchasable from the streaming sites with Theta tokens.
- Virtual product trading can be implemented with THETA as well.
- Tokens can also be used for transactions involving smart contracts and video segment payments.
- 27 May 2020: Announced the Mainnet 2.0 launch and Google Cloud accession to the Enterprise Validator Program;
- 02 Jun 2020: Announced the Guardian Node staking live on Mainnet 2.0;
- 04 Aug 2020: Integrated Microsoft PlayReady industry-standard DRM to enable MGM video streams;
- 13 Aug 2020: Welcomed web comedy leader FailArmy as the next premium content partner to THETA.tv global streaming platform;
- 09 Sep 2020: Granted a U.S. Patent for its innovation in “Methods and systems for a decentralized data streaming and delivery network”;
- 15 Sep 2020: Sponsored Binance’s premier global esports tournament;
- 25 Sep 2020: Collaborated with Chainlink to Fight Online Video Ad Fraud;
- 30 Sep 2020: Teamed up with LINE Tech Plus to launch “THETA.tv for LINK”, a new video service targeted to Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, and other parts of Southeast Asia;
- 06 Oct 2020: Launched video on demand (VOD) support as part of its core platform upgrade;
- 08 Oct 2020: Released the Web Wallet source code.
- Theta Mainnet 2.0 goes live with Multi-BFT consensus mechanism and a growing number of enterprise validator nodes;
- Guardian Nodes launch on Theta Mainnet 2.0;
- Smart Contracts Sandbox testnet released;
- THETA.tv app releases on AndroidTV platform.
- Video-on-Demand (VOD) streaming added to THETA.tv;
- Release of generalized Turing-complete smart contract support to testnet_sapphire;
- Beta of “Anycast” Theta Edge Node platform (previously Universal Edge Cacher) featuring local ingest and encoding of streams, end-to-end decentralized streaming, decentralized chat, and event notifications;
- The beta of Theta blockchain data repository using ETL / Google BigQuery.
- Release of generalized Turing-complete smart contracts to Theta Mainnet 2.0;
- Release of “Anycast” Theta Edge Node platform;
- The beta of Theta oracle feed to increase transparency to stakeholders including advertisers, publishers, and content creators;
- Beta of decentralized DRM (digital rights management) system for permissioned streams, using NFTs (non-fungible tokens) as the DRM authentication method to purchase and access encrypted digital content.
- Coming soon.
Video content is highly popular among users and is considered an effective platform. In this regard, the THETA token is a revolutionary solution for the distribution of video over the network, using the unique decentralized nature of the blockchain.
The project has high potential, as the SDS can improve the content delivery network. The high level of specialists and the prospects of this system attract the attention of large investors. If the network can become successful and in demand, it will attract the biggest content owners like Amazon, CNN, Netflix, and more.